Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Which Digital Voice Recorder Suits Me? Single Speaker Note Taking & Letters

It is difficult to find a Digital Voice Recorder that best suits you and your needs as there is so much information and the choice can be very overwhelming. At The Transcription People we receive audio daily from a range of clients all with different needs when it comes to their audio.
Each week we will blog post more information on Digital Voice Recorders to suit the needs of various individuals.
In this post we will look at professionals who need a digital voice recorder for individual note taking and/or letters. Traditionally these are doctors or lawyers although professionals from other industries are now embracing note taking. These types of individuals usually have alot of experience with older analogue or tape dictaphones and therefore need similar functionality in their digital recorder. Making the leap from trusty old tape dictaphones to the digital world can be very daunting. Here is a typical summary of this users needs:
  • I am a professional, I need a digital dictaphone to record notes and letters.
  • I need to be able to rewind what I have just said and add audio on the end. I stop and start my dictation due to interuptions like phone calls or clients.
  • I will be mainly just recording single speaker audio and the occasional interview.
  • I want to be able to power my recorder by battery or mains power.
  • I want to put my recorder into its dock and have it automatically recharge itself and send the audio to my typist or online transcription business.
  • I use a Mac. I use Windows XP. I use Windows Vista.
The best recorders for you would be the Olympus DS-2300, DS-3300 , DS-5000 or DS-5000iD models.


The functionality of the above recorders differs. For free, no hassle, information and advice contact the team at Dictate Australia at sales@dictate.com.au

No comments: